Following the huge success of Winter WestFest 2014 and 2016 the event is to be held in Weston again this year with lots of activities and events planned for the day: Carol Singing, Christmas Fayre, Dramas, Lantern Procession, Bell Ringing and much more.
Here’s a list of events and times:
All Saints Centre Christmas Fayre & Café 11am-4pm
• Garden - Buggy park
• Main hall and courtyard room (ground floor) - Craft and produce stalls and Cafe selling fantastic hot refreshments
• Garden Room - Children’s activities
- Soft play and games
- Make a lantern - perfect for the procession later!
All Saints Church ‘X Marks the Spot’ dramas 11:30am-3:30pm
•Let yourself be guided round the nativity story by actors and the treasure map.
Performances - 11.30am, 12.30pm, 1.30pm, 2.30pm.
• Village Christmas exhibition - a glimpse into past Christmas times here in Weston
• Light refreshments available
Carols round the Christmas Tree 3:50pm
• Gather at All Saints Centre for the start of the carol singing and parade
• Parade around the High Street with more carols around the Christmas tree at the junction of High Street and Trafalgar Road
Procession with bells 4:30pm-6pm
• Process up to All Saints Church before one last carol and a moment of reflection in the warmth of lit torches
• Bells strike up and everyone is welcome to come into the church for free refreshments and another chance to see the exhibition
Admission cost for the fayre and dramas is just £1 for Adults, 50p for Children with under 5’s free.