CHURCH LIVE FAMILY ACTIVITIES 13th Dec
Weekly activities to work through with your children each Sunday.
Sunday 13th December
A Classic Travelling Song
Hear The Bells Ringing Nick and Becky Drake
1. The Israelites knew God was with them on their journeys because He spoke to them through his prophets. Jesus said to his followers 'I will be with you' even after he went to Heaven. How was he still with them?
2. One name for Jesus is Emmanuel, which means God with us. Can you think of any of the things Jesus did to show he was God?
3. What can you do to remember God is with you each day?
Craft: How to make a Peg Doll Angel
Sunday 6th December
Bible Verses: Isaiah 9:1-7 (International Children's Bible version)
Bible Story Video 1: Isaiah's Prophesy
Bible Story Video 2: 'The Messiah' from The Bible Project
(This is a little bit graphic and probably for older children)
1. What things have you waited for before?
2. What does it feel like to wait for something really special to come?
3. Who were the Jewish people waiting for?
4. Jesus coming to Earth is GOOD NEWS of great joy. Why do you think he came as a tiny baby to a poor normal family?
5. How can you share Good News and Joy with other people as you wait during Advent?
Click here for some ideas of good deeds you could get up to during Advent.
Colouring: Click here for some lovely colouring sheets this week.
Prayer: Poetic prayers for Advent.
‘What can I give you, Poor as I am?
If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb,
If I were a wiseman, I would do my part,
But what I can I give you, give you my heart.’
Advent is a time to wait,
Not quite time to celebrate.
Light the Candles one by one,
Til the advent time is done.
Help me wait till Christmas Day,
Time for joy and to cheer 'Hooray'.